Strategically located between downtown Los Angeles and the rest of East L.A., the community of Boyle Heights is a vibrant community that offers interesting dining and cultural experiences in the east side of Los Angeles. A must-see attraction in Boyle Heights is the Mariachi Plaza with its central gazebo, craft stalls, and mariachi bands. Not to be missed as well are the taco trucks and Mexican restaurants.
Boyle Heights has a total area of 6.5 square miles with close to 100,000 residents. The median age in this neighborhood is around 25 years old. The average household size had 4 persons and 52.4% of its residents were foreign-born.
In 2013, the median household income in Boyle Heights was $36,830. This neighborhood’s residents work in sales and office occupations, production jobs, construction, extraction, and maintenance occupations, sales positions, and material moving jobs.
Common Wage and Hour Law Issues
While California labor laws are designed to protect employee or worker’s rights, some employers continue to evade their legal obligations by:
- Failing to pay wages for work performed by an employee
- Asserting incorrect overtime pay exemption
- Misclassifying California employees as independent contractors
- Failing to provide statutory rest or meal breaks
Workers such as security personnel, warehouse workers, restaurant servers, and construction site day laborers are particularly vulnerable to wage and hour law violations.
If you or someone you know is deprived of certain employee benefits or compensation under the law, then it’s absolutely important to seek the legal opinion of an experienced wage and hour law attorney about your situation.
California labor laws constantly evolve and must be read together with new issuances for appropriate application to any situation. An employment attorney who is updated on the latest labor rules and jurisprudence can examine the circumstances of your job, determine the nature of your work, and assess whether relevant labor laws have been violated.
In Boyle Heights, Los Angeles, California, the Law Offices of Anthony Choe have years of proven experience in wage and hour law issues and other employment law matters. We also handle other types of labor cases such as workers compensation, disability, discrimination, and sexual harassment issues in the workplace. Claims arising from wage and hour laws must be timely raised in order to preserve the employee’s rights under such laws.
We welcome your call today at (213) 788-4448 to speak to one of our approachable attorneys about your case.
Directions to Los Angeles Worker’s Compensation Lawyer from Boyle Heights, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Boyle Heights, CA
Total Est. Time: 17 min
Total Est. Distance: 8.3 mi
- Get on CA-60 W from Marietta St and E 8th St
- Head northwest on E 7th St toward Marietta St
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Marietta St
- Turn right onto E 8th St
- Turn right onto S Soto St (signs for I-5 N/Los Angeles)
- Use the right lane to take the ramp to I-10 W/Santa Monica
- Drive along I-10 W. Take the Normandie Ave exit from I-10 W
- Merge onto CA-60 W
- Merge onto I-10 W
- Take the Normandie Ave exit toward Western Ave
- Use the right lane to keep left at the fork and continue toward S Western Ave
- Use the right lane to keep right at the fork and continue toward S Western Ave
- Keep right at the fork to continue on Exit 11, follow signs for Western Ave
- Follow S Western Ave to Wilshire Blvd
- Turn right onto S Western Ave
- Turn right onto Wilshire Blvd
Call us today (213) 788-4448
We are located at:
LAW OFFICES OF ANTHONY CHOE
3700 Wilshire Blvd Suite 260
Los Angeles, CA 90010.