The City of Gardena is situated in the south bay portion of Los Angeles County in California. It has a land area of approximately 6 square miles and is surrounded by the neighboring communities of Athens, Harbour Gateway, Torrance, Alondra Park, and Hawthorne.
Gardena had an estimated population of 59,957. 33% of the residents in this city were foreign-born, a significant factor in Gardena’s rich cultural diversity. It has a large labor pool of qualified and well-educated workers who possess a wide range of skills suited to a variety of jobs in the city.
Many Gardena residents are employed in manufacturing, transportation and warehousing, retail, construction, and health care establishments, taking on office and administrative functions, sales positions, production work, construction and extraction jobs, and transportation occupations.
The top employers in Gardena include:
- Hustler Casino
- United Parcel Service
- Hito Carbon Composites
- Nissin Foods
- Sam’s Club
Workplace Discrimination in Gardena
Workplace diversity can present some problems for employees who may be the subject of discrimination. In California, the California Fair Employment and Housing Act protects workers from discrimination or harassment due to:
- Marital status
- Medical condition
- National origin (including restrictions on the use of specific languages)
- Sexual orientation
The law also punishes retaliation for protesting illegal discrimination. If you or someone you know is being harassed or discriminated at work, California state law allows you or the aggrieved worker to file an administrative complaint initially at the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) within a year from the alleged discriminatory conduct. If your complaint is not settled in the administrative agency, you should be able to obtain a right-to-sue letter from the DFEH before your attorney can file the appropriate complaint for discrimination in court.
California law allows you to claim compensatory and punitive damages without placing a cap on the potential award that you may obtain. To learn more about this complicated process, you should be able to consult with an experienced employment law attorney in your locality.
In Gardena and other areas in Southern California, the Law Offices of Anthony Choe have years of proven experience in discrimination cases. Our Firm also handles other employment law issues such as workers compensation, wage and hour law, disability, and sexual harassment.
We invite you to contact us today at (213) 788-4448 to speak to one of our dedicated attorneys about your case.
Directions to Los Angeles Worker’s Compensation Lawyer from Gardena, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 28 min
Total Est. Distance: 16.0 mi
- Get on I-110 N in Los Angeles
- Head north on S Western Ave toward W Redondo Beach Blvd
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto W Redondo Beach Blvd
- Turn right onto the I-110 N/Harbor Fwy ramp
- Take the Normandie Ave exit from I-10 W/Santa Monica Fwy
- Merge onto I-110 N
- Use the 2nd from the right lane to take the exit toward I-10 E/Santa Monica/San Bernadino/Interstate 10 W
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-10 W/Santa Monica Fwy W/Santa Monica and merge onto I-10 W/Santa Monica Fwy
- Take the Normandie Ave exit toward Western Ave
- Use the right lane to keep left at the fork and continue toward S Western Ave
- Use the right lane to keep right at the fork and continue toward S Western Ave
- Keep right at the fork to continue on Exit 11, follow signs for Western Ave
- Follow S Western Ave to Wilshire Blvd
- Turn right onto S Western Ave
- Turn right onto Wilshire Blvd
Call us today (213) 788-4448
We are located at:
LAW OFFICES OF ANTHONY CHOE
3700 Wilshire Blvd Suite 260
Los Angeles, CA 90010.