The community of Reseda is situated in San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, California. It is surrounded by the cities of Northridge, Lake Balboa, Tarzana, Encino, and Winnetka. This neighborhood has a total area of 5.878 square miles with an estimated population of 70,733.
Reseda had about 35,700 female residents and the median resident age was around 39 years. The average household had 3.3 people and 45.9% of the residents were born outside the U.S. The median household income was $55,276.
Industry and Occupation
Reseda’s economy was originally driven by agricultural production, particularly of lettuce, walnuts, lima beans, and sugar beets. Today, various industries generate employment for Reseda’s residents, many of whom are engaged in:
- Service occupations
- Sales and office jobs
- Construction, extraction and maintenance works
- Production occupations
- Disability discrimination
People suffering from some physical or mental condition may experience discrimination in their employment at some point in their lives. If you are treated unfairly due to your physical or mental condition, or when you do not receive reasonable accommodation for your disability while at work, you may be facing a situation considered as disability discrimination.
In California, it is illegal for an employer to:
- Refuse to hire a prospective employee due to their disability
- Fire someone due to their suddenly becoming disabled
- Discriminate against a pregnant employee who is unable to work due to her pregnancy
- Refuse to provide reasonable accommodation to a disabled worker
A recent California appellate court decision expands the rule for granting reasonable accommodation due to disability by requiring an employer to consider employee requests for an accommodation due to their association with a person with disabilities. Refusing to provide reasonable accommodation in that situation, while the worker is not disabled, could also constitute a type of disability discrimination that the law prohibits.
Physical and Mental Disability
A worker may be disabled due to some physical condition such as one that restricts or requires them not to lift loads that exceed a certain weight. Physical disability may also exist when the employee’s condition requires them to be seated or to be near a restroom.
Disability may also be mental in nature, such as a psychiatric condition requiring accommodation for the worker’s medication regiment. If you are treated unfairly due to a disability in Reseda, California, an experienced disability discrimination attorney can help you determine whether your condition is a disability that falls under the legal prohibition against discrimination.
In Reseda, the law offices of Anthony Choe has years of proven experience in disability discrimination cases, helping clients fight for their right to be reinstated in employment or to just compensation.
We invite you to call us at (213) 788-4448 to speak to one of our attorneys and learn how we can help you.
Directions to Los Angeles Worker’s Compensation Lawyer from Reseda, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 31 min
Total Est. Distance: 19.7 mi
- Get on US-101 S
- Head south on Reseda Blvd toward Sherman Way
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Burbank Blvd
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto the U.S. 101 E ramp
- Follow US-101 S to Lexington Ave. Take exit 7 from US-101 S
- Merge onto US-101 S
- Keep right at the fork to stay on US-101 S, follow signs for Hollywood Fwy/Los Angeles
- Take exit 7 toward Western Ave/California 2 W/Santa Monica Blvd
- Follow N Western Ave to Wilshire Blvd
- Turn left onto Lexington Ave
- Turn right onto N Western Ave
- Turn left onto Wilshire Blvd
Call us today (213) 788-4448
We are located at:
LAW OFFICES OF ANTHONY CHOE
3700 Wilshire Blvd Suite 260
Los Angeles, CA 90010.