Situated some 17 miles away from downtown Los Angeles, the suburban city of Norwalk is known for its quaint historical spots that are the favorite settings for motion picture and television commercial productions. Norwalk is surrounded by the cities of Downey, Bellflower, Cerritos, Artesia, and Santa Fe Springs.
Norwalk offers numerous choices for shopping, dining, accommodations, and tourist attractions such as the Paddison Farm, Sproul Museum, and the historical Hargitt House.
Employment in Norwalk
Norwalk had an unemployment rate of approximately 6.3% and the estimated household income was $58,973. Around 5,000 workers live and work in Norwalk, many of whom maintain quality occupations in the following industries that operate in this city:
- Transportation and warehousing
- Retail trade
- Wholesale trade
- Accommodations and food services
Top employers in Norwalk include the following:
- Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District
- Metropolitan State Hospital
- LA County Registrar-Recorder
- Doty’s Brother’s Construction
- Retailers Target, Costco, and Walmart
Wage and Hour Law Issues in Norwalk
Employment issues often arise when employers disregard basic wage and hour laws or misunderstand the coverage of these laws, failing to implement the appropriate hourly minimum wage, overtime pay, and other statutory benefits for workers and employees. Without legal guidance and representation, affected employees may be deprived of the correct wages, premium pay, and other basic benefits for their welfare.
Employee or Independent Contractor
A worker who is misclassified as an independent contractor may be deprived of the hourly minimum wage, mandatory meal periods and rest breaks, Workers Compensation insurance, and other benefits under wage and hour laws. The potential liabilities and penalties may be significant if a worker turns out to be misclassified. California wage and hour law observes the rebuttable presumption that a worker is an employee. To be certain, it’s important to consult an experienced wage and hour law attorney about your situation.
In Norwalk and other cities in Southern California, the law offices of Anthony Choe have helped hundreds of clients receive compensation and benefits that they legally deserve. We also handle other types of labor related cases such as workers compensation, disability discrimination, and sexual harassment.
For more information, we invite you to call us at (213) 788-4448.
Directions to Los Angeles Worker’s Compensation Lawyer from Norwalk, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 29 min
Total Est. Distance: 20.1 mi
- Get on I-5 N
- Head west on Rosecrans Ave toward Pioneer Blvd
- Turn right onto Pioneer Blvd
- Turn left to merge onto I-5 N
- Continue on I-5 N. Drive from I-10 W to Los Angeles. Take the Normandie Ave exit from I-10 W
- Merge onto I-5 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to keep right at the fork, stay on I-5 N and follow signs for I-10 W/Santa Monica/Interstate 5
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the exit toward Interstate 10 W/Santa Monica Freeway/Santa Monica
- Merge onto CA-60 W
- Merge onto I-10 W
- Take the Normandie Ave exit toward Western Ave
- Use the right lane to keep left at the fork and continue toward S Western Ave
- Use the right lane to keep right at the fork and continue toward S Western Ave
- Keep right at the fork to continue on Exit 11, follow signs for Western Ave
- Follow S Western Ave to Wilshire Blvd
- Turn right onto S Western Ave
- Turn right onto Wilshire Blvd
Call us today (213) 788-4448
We are located at:
LAW OFFICES OF ANTHONY CHOE
3700 Wilshire Blvd Suite 260
Los Angeles, CA 90010.