The neighborhood of Van Nuys was founded in 1911 and named after its developer Isaac Newton Van Nuys. This community is surrounded by North Hills, Panorama City, Valley Glen, Sherman Oaks, Sepulveda Basin, Lake Balboa, and Northridge. The Van Nuys Boulevard which is located in this city is known for its diverse commercial establishments along this long road.
Van Nuys Demographics
This city has an area of 7.282 square miles and haS an estimated population of 98,000. Van Nuys haS around 50,200 males and the median resident age IS 33 years. 48.6% of the residents are foreign born and the median household income is $40,989.
Its residents hold jobs in a wide range of occupations such as:
- Sales work
- Office jobs
- Service occupations
- Construction, extraction and maintenance
- Production, and
- Transportation activities
Wage and Hour Laws
Federal and state wage and hour laws provide minimum standards for the benefit of workers and employers in California. Under existing labor standards, employers in Van Nuys are required to:
- Pay workers the current hourly minimum wage
- Pay overtime for services or work performed beyond a certain number of hours per day or per week
- Provide minimum periods for meal and rest breaks
In response to the ever-changing work environment and needs of workers, labor standards are constantly being developed through federal and state legislation as well as in case decisions. Disputes can arise when employers fail to keep up with new legislation. In certain situations, employers may misclassify personnel as independent contractors, effectively depriving workers of the standard benefits due them under the law.
If you are paid below the current minimum wage or do not enjoy the certain benefits mandated by law, it’s important to speak to an experienced wage and hour law attorney immediately.
Your wage and hour law attorney can assess your situation and determine whether legitimate wage and hour law issues exist in your case. If your employer fails to rectify the situation after bringing your issues to their attention, your labor law attorney can help you by fighting for your right to receive mandated labor benefits in court.
In Van Nuys and in metropolitan Los Angeles, California, the Law Offices of Anthony Choe has years of experience in pursuing claims in accordance with wage and hour laws. We have helped hundreds of clients throughout Southern California, helping them obtain what they legally deserve.
Call us today at (213) 788-4448 to speak to one of our dedicated attorneys about your case.
Directions to Los Angeles Worker’s Compensation Lawyer from Pasadena, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Van Nuys, CA
Total Est. Time: 27 min
Total Est. Distance: 14.0 mi
- Get on CA-170 S/Hollywood Fwy from Victory Blvd
- Head east on Haynes St toward Vesper Ave
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Vesper Ave
- Turn left onto Victory Blvd
- Turn right to merge onto CA-170 S/Hollywood Fwy toward Los Angeles
- Take US-101 S to Lexington Ave. Take exit 7 from US-101 S
- Merge onto CA-170 S/Hollywood Fwy
- Merge onto US-101 S/Hollywood Fwy
- Take exit 7 toward Western Ave/CA-2 W/Santa Monica Blvd
- Follow N Western Ave to Wilshire Blvd
- Turn left onto Lexington Ave
- Turn right onto N Western Ave
- Turn left onto Wilshire Blvd
Call us today (213) 788-4448
We are located at:
LAW OFFICES OF ANTHONY CHOE
3700 Wilshire Blvd Suite 260
Los Angeles, CA 90010.